Badminton Coaching Education, developed through the ADVANCE project, which is
supported by the EU through the Erasmus+ programme.
Over a period of 10 months, up to 16 participants will meet 4 times in different
European locations for the physical coaching courses, in addition to virtual learning
and self-study. During the education, participants will:
- Develop their individual coaching book/portfolio with all elements related to badminton (tactical, technical, mental, physical, planning, pedagogy etc)
- Develop and strengthen their own coaching philosophy
- Develop an understanding of players’ requirements and optimal working methods to develop players with examples at four different development stages
- Develop your coaching entrepreneurship: “Build your own business”
- Throughout the course you will be supported by a personal mentor, who will support and guide your development as a coach through both individual and group virtual meetings between the face to face courses.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
TARGET GROUP: aspiring coaches with the ambition, commitment and potential to become coaches in challenging coaching positions across Europe within the next 5-7
We are looking for coaches who have the motivation and determination to seek a
career as badminton coach. If you fulfill two or more of the below requirements, we
will be happy to receive your application:
- Have a formal badminton education
- Have experience in coaching competition players
- Are a current or former international player
- Have been training in a high performance environment, on regional or national level, either as a junior or an adult player
- Have a sports related education as physiotherapist, physical trainer, PE teacher, university degree in sports, etc
- It is mandatory that the participants are based in Europe and a excelent level of English is required. Tasks and assignments will be delivered in English.
DURATION OF THE COACHING EDUCATION
The education has a duration of 10 months.
- Starting date: September 2022
- Ending date: July 2023
- Participants will have to arrive one day prior to the courses
COURSE DATES DURATION LOCATION
- 1 - 14-18 September 2022 5 days Holbæk (Denmark)
- 2 - 2-6 January 2023 (TBC) 5 days Haarlem (The Netherlands)
- 3 - March 2023 (TBC) 5 days Scotland (TBC)
- 4 - 27 June to 3 July 2023 7 days Saarbrücken (Germany)
Activities between courses: virtual mentor meetings, workshops, individual coaching
book/portfolio building, preparation for upcoming courses and assessment.
PARTICIPANT SELECTED FROM BADMINTON SPAIN.
José Antonio Crespo.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Two steps will need to be followed:
- Submission of application and motivation letter
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates
Documents needed in order to submit your application:
1. Motivation letter (1 page maximum):
- Explain why are you attracted by the Education
- Demonstrate your personal commitment to badminton coaching education
- Outline and give detail about your future aspirations as a badminton coach
- 1 reference with e-mail address and phone number
2. Candidate’s CV
Send all documents to email@example.com
Deadline to submit your application: 1 May 2022
The ADVANCE project team supports a gender balanced sport and encourage both
genders to seek the opportunity to be part of the ADVANCE European Badminton
3. Short video (5 minutes max.). The video must present:
- Your playing skills on court
- You as badminton coach
- You as a person
We encourage you to use WeTransfer Link or similar to send your video
CONTACT INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES
For further information, please contact Mari Carmen Casermeiro, BEC Development
and High Performance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org